Join with PennFuture and their partners, the Sierra Club and SUNWPA, for the 2013 Pittsburgh Solar Tour — a look at Pittsburgh homes and businesses that use solar energy and other green technologies. This year’s tour is on Saturday, October 12th from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There are 22 different locations across Western PA, including the City of Pittsburgh, Mt. Lebanon, Millvale, Aspinwall, Moon Township, Fair Oaks, Saxonburg, Sarver, Rochester, Cheswick, and Bentleyville.
This year, there are two ways to tour the solar energy installations:
Sites in and around the city of Pittsburgh
• Start Location: any site on the tour
• Start Time: any time after 11:00 a.m.
• Cost: free [pre-registration requested]
Guided Bike Tour
20-mile/six-stop ride through the city of Pittsburgh
• Start Location: Point State Park, near the fountain
• Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
• Cost: $10 [pre-registration required]
You will need to register for both the self-guided tour and the bike tour, so please visit the website and sign up today!